Learn to cook healthy, nourishing meals in this fun, hands-on bootcamp! I'll show you how to make tasty, filling and delicious meals quickly from whole food ingredients. Focusing on simple preparations, this class will get you up to speed on the latest nutritional best practices and get you inspired to make clean eating a consistent pattern in your life.
Using vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, whole grains, fruits and optional animal products, you'll get hands-on experience creating dishes from smoothies, salads, soups, bowl meals, sweet treats and even a healing, anti-inflammatory turmeric beverage. You'll also get guidance in going off-recipe and learn formulas to make dinner from what you have on hand, while adding interest and texture, and you'll learn 3 clean sauces and dressings you have in your back pocket to spice up any meal.
Students will also get individualized or group time with me. I'll email students the week before class to be sure to learn about individual requests for techniques, additional recipes or challenges.
Class is suitable for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free folks and omnivores. Class will feature an optional 30 minute animal foods preparation segment.
- Turmeric Spice Latte
- Green Smoothie Jars
- Spiced Lentil Soup
- Roasted Carrot Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- Chocolate Almond Energy Bites
- Macro Bowls with Greens, Roasted Vegetables, Beans and Grains
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding with Berries.
Skills Covered in Class Include:
- Creating a Meal That Balances Protein, Carbs and Fats
- How to Eliminate Inflammatory or Trigger Foods Like Dairy and Wheat Without Sacrificing Flavor or Time
- Selecting Vegetables and Deciding How to Prepare Them
- Making Basic Healthy Sauces to Jazz up Any Meal
- Making Sweet Treats Without Flour, Sugar and Dairy
- Working with Dried Legumes and Whole Grains
- Working with Dark, Leafy Greens
- Cooking Meat to Use as an Accent to a Meal and Not the Center Of It
The button below takes you to the class page on The Chopping Block's website where you can register directly and securely.